$50,000 reward being offered in Shelton teen shooting - CBS 3 Springfield - WSHM

$50,000 reward being offered in Shelton teen shooting

Posted: Updated:
Kristjan Ndoj (Shelton schools photo) Kristjan Ndoj (Shelton schools photo)
SHELTON, CT (WFSB) -

The state of Connecticut is offering a reward for any information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case of a Shelton 15-year-old boy, who was shot and killed earlier this year.

Kristjan Ndoj, who was a sophomore at Shelton High School, was shot by two bullets, one in the leg and the other in the head, in his friend's driveway on March 15.

A few days after the shooting, Ndoj died from injuries suffered in the shooting, police said. His family said they had to take him off life support because there was nothing doctors could do.

His death was ruled a homicide by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

Sources and the victim's family told Eyewitness News that Ndoj's girlfriend called him to come to a party. He rode his bike several miles onto Agawam Trail and was in the driveway with a 17-year-old friend when the two shots were fired.

No arrests have been made in the deadly shooting. Connecticut State Police Central District Major Crime Squad continues to assist the Shelton Police Department with their investigation.

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy authorized the $50,000 reward, which is the most the state can authorize according to law, on Thursday.

"I want to thank the governor for approving our request for a reward. Hopefully, this will generate information that will lead to the arrest and successful prosecution of whoever committed this horrific crime," said State's Attorney for the Judicial District of Ansonia-Milford Kevin D. Lawlor, who requested that Malloy authorizes the funds.

Many people in Shelton are in shock that after four months no one has been caught.

"I can't imagine how the family feels, it's tragic," said Elvis Perez of Shelton. "I think it's a great idea what they're (the state) doing. Maybe someone will come forward with some type of information that will help them find who shot this kid."

The family is still coping after they haven't been able to find who killed their child.

"Their son is dead, someone murdered him and that person is yet to be caught so that weighs heavily on them," said Michael Boynton, the family's attorney.

Boynton added that the family believes someone knows something about what happened, and they are hoping that person will come forward and help to solve this case.

An account was set up to help the family, and in just a few weeks $26,000 was raised.

Anyone with any information about the fatal shooting is asked to call Connecticut State Police at 860-685-8190 or 1-800-842-0200.

Copyright 2014 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.