Springfield firefighters responded to an early morning fire in the city's North End neighborhood.
The fire started on the second floor of an old two-family home on Osgood Street.
Fire officials said the cause of the fire was electrical, and caused about $50,000 in damage.
The homeowner was in the shower when she heard the smoke detectors go off. All four family members and their dog escaped without injury.
Although the inside of the home is damaged, one of the residents may have saved the entire structure from catching fire.
Copyright 2014 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.