Overheated power cord causes Springfield blaze - CBS 3 Springfield - WSHM

Overheated power cord causes Springfield blaze

Posted: Updated:
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

Eight people were forced from their Springfield home Monday night after an overheated power cord ignited a mattress, sparking a fire.

Springfield fire officials say the call came in shortly after 6 p.m. for a fire at 32-34 Dawes St.

Multiple crews responded to the scene and were able to put out the fire in the third-floor bedroom quickly.

Officials estimate the damage at $10,000.

Red Cross is assisting those displaced.

Copyright 2014 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.