CBS 3 has new details on the apartment fire we first told you about Friday night at 11 p.m.
The building involved is a Springfield Housing Authority apartment complex on Milton Court in Indian Orchard.
Dennis Leger, aide to Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, told CBS 3 that an unattended stove top fire was the cause of the blaze.
Two people were hospitalized from the fire, while five others were displaced.
Leger estimated the damage to be around $40,000.
He said one apartment was gutted, while three others sustained heavy smoke damage.
Copyright 2014 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.