Two families are without a home Sunday following a fire on Oakwood Terrace, which was called in right around 3:30 p.m.
Dennis Leger, aide to Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, told CBS 3 that it began in a vacant home, which was the site of a fire within the last year.
The fire then spread to the duplex next door, melting the electrical wires and causing $10,000 to $15,000 in damage.
Power had to be shutoff at the duplex, forcing the families, a total of two adults and four children, out of their home.
They are being assisted by the Red Cross.
Leger said the fire is being considered suspicious and remains under investigation.
One firefighter had to be taken to the hospital to be treated for a laceration on his hand.
Copyright 2014 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.