WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Firefighters from different agencies responded to a large fire Monday afternoon. One firefighter was shocked by a falling electrical line while trying knock down the flames.
Witnesses captured the event on their cell phones. In the video captured by Charles Davis, you can see a line connected to the house spark and fall, striking New Hanover County Firefighter Lieutenant Robert Pate.
Pate was responding to a fire that burned two homes and one garage on Hadley Court when the electrical wire attached to the house snapped and struck him.
Pate was taken to the ER as precaution with non life-threatening injuries. He has since been discharged and is reportedly doing "fine."
You can see the raw video in the player above. On mobile? Look in the "Top Video" section on the free WECT news app for iPhone and Android.
Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.