Garage fire displaces Murfreesboro family - CBS 3 Springfield - WSHM

Garage fire displaces Murfreesboro family

Posted: Updated:

A garage fire forced a Murfreesboro family from their home Friday night.

The blaze broke out at a home on Hawk Ridge Drive.

Firefighters contained the flames to the garage, but the house sustained heavy smoke damage.

A Harley Davidson motorcycle being stored in the garage was also damaged in the fire.

Crews believe an electrical problem sparked the blaze that ignited a plastic shelving unit.

The family has been displaced by the fire and is staying with relatives.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.