Several crews from the Springfield Fire Department responded to a report of smoke in the building at Monarch Tower in Springfield.
The call came in at about 7:45 p.m. Tuesday.
People were partially evacuated from their offices but were allowed to remain in the lobby.
The smoke was coming from the third floor where CBS 3 Springfield studios are located.
CBS 3 staff noticed smoke near the third floor elevators.
Dennis Leger, aid to the Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, said the smoke was coming from an overheated fan inside the ceiling.
Leger said there was no damage and no one was injured.
Copyright 2014 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.