Heat lamp causes fire in Springfield multi-family home - CBS 3 Springfield - WSHM

Heat lamp causes fire in Springfield multi-family home

Posted: Updated:
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

Shortly before 5 p.m. Sunday, firefighters were called into action at a multi-family home on Grover Street.

Dennis Leger, aide to Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, said that the fire started on the third floor when a heat lamp fell over.

Leger said the lamp burned a hole through the floor, starting the fire in the process.

Close to 10 people are displaced, as the fire caused $50,000 to $60,000 in damage.

No one was injured, but a pet snake died from the fire.

Copyright 2014 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.