2 dogs, birds survive West Springfield house fire - CBS 3 Springfield - WSHM

2 dogs, birds survive West Springfield house fire

Posted: Updated:
WEST SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

Authorities said a cigarette caused a house fire in West Springfield Thursday morning.

A cigarette butt in a bathroom trash can ignited its contents, then spread to the rest of the Almon Avenue home.

The home suffered about $75,000 in damages.

Two dogs and two birds were saved, but a third bird did not survive.

Copyright 2014 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.