Fire breaks out at Henrico YMCA - CBS 3 Springfield - WSHM

Fire breaks out at Henrico YMCA

Posted: Updated:
HENRICO, VA (WWBT) -

Operations have returned to normal at the Tuckahoe Family YMCA, located in the 9000 block of Patterson Avenue, after a fire broke out inside of a kitchen area.

The flames erupted around 11:15 p.m. and were quickly put out with the use of a fire extinguisher, according to Henrico County Fire Crews. The only people on scene at the time were maintenance workers, who escaped without any injuries. Minimal damage was caused.

The fire is believed to have been accidental, and may have been caused by plastic material on top of the stove, according to Henrico Fire Crews.

The Tuckahoe Family YMCA did open at its normal 5:00 a.m. time Monday morning.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Powered by WorldNow
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.