In an effort to reduce the risk of flu transmission in Mercy Medical Center, new restrictions have been implemented on visitation. These restrictions are effective immediately:
• Visiting hours are limited to 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Visitors are limited to two per patient at any given time
• No visitor under 14 years of age will be permitted
• Do not visit if you have any cold or flu symptoms
These restrictions are in place in all buildings on the Mercy campus including Weldon Rehabilitation Hospital and the Family Life Center for Maternity, as well as Providence Behavioral Health Hospital in Holyoke.
These decisions are part of Mercy's comprehensive effort to reduce the spread of the influenza virus.
In addition to the visitor restrictions, Mercy Medical Center also request patients:
• Come to medical appointments alone, or with only one person.
• Do not bring children to medical appointments, unless absolutely necessary.
Children have been found to be more likely to transmit the influenza virus to others. Mercy will provide an update when this visitation policy change is no longer necessary. If you have any questions about individual circumstances, please speak with your physician or nurse. You may also contact Sharon Adams, RN, senior vice president of Patient Care Services, chief nursing officer and chief quality officer, Mercy Medical Center at 413-748-9365.
Copyright 2014 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.