Unattended space heater deemed cause of Springfield fire - CBS 3 Springfield - WSHM

Unattended space heater deemed cause of Springfield fire

Posted: Updated:
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

There are new details on Wednesday's Healey Street fire in Springfield.

Fire officials said an unattended space heater plugged into an inadequate extension cord caused the fire that displaced a family of three.

The fire started in the living room of the second-floor home around 1:30 a.m. The family wasn't there.

A family of four living downstairs was able to make it out uninjured.

The upstairs area of the house has about $30,000 in damage.

The Red Cross is assisting.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.