Springfield resident hospitalized following house fire - CBS 3 Springfield - WSHM

Springfield resident hospitalized following house fire

Posted: Updated:
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

One city resident was taken to the hospital with burns on his hand and face following a fire Sunday night on Shawmut Street.

Dennis Leger, aide to Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, said that when crews arrived shortly after 8:35 p.m., they found a fire on the second-floor front porch.

The building suffered about $15,000 in damage.

Leger said they are not positive of the cause just yet, but they said they believe it might have involved a butane lighter.

The fire remains under investigation.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.