A Springfield woman has died from her injuries after being seriously burned in a fire last Tuesday.
Springfield fire officials said 34-year-old Opal Sanders died from her injuries Monday.
Sanders suffered burns on 80 percent of her body. Her Ambrose Street home caught on fire just before 4 a.m. It started near a stove in the upstairs of her two-story house.
Sanders was taken to Baystate Medical Center with burns to her face, arms and body. She has been transferred to another hospital for burn treatment.
Another resident, 80-year-old Easkine Chaffin, was treated for smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.
Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
They told CBS 3 that 39-year-old Israel Lopez had assaulted his girlfriend, then returned to the scene at Morgan Street Apartments a short time later with what appeared to be a shotgun.More >>
Springfield firefighters were called into action a little after 11 a.m. on Saturday, responding to a house fire on Tyler Street.More >>