Two dogs made a daring escape from a two-alarm apartment fire in McMinnville.
They jumped off a balcony to survive.
When fire crews got to the apartment on Southwest Brockwood Avenue on Monday evening, they found the pit bulls trapped on a second floor deck.
One of the dogs climbed up on the railing as firefighters worked to put out the flames, then jumped to the ground below.
The second dog also jumped after a firefighter broke out the deck railing and tore away some wire fencing.
Both of them survived.
MORE PHOTOS: Dogs jump from burning apartment
Thirty-five firefighters from McMinnville were assisted by firefighters from Amity at the scene.
Four units were damaged and cannot be occupied until repairs are made, authorities said.
The Red Cross is helping out the families affected by the fire.
Investigators determined that unattended cooking started the fire.
Copyright 2013 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.