Hair dryer fire causes $10K in damage to Springfield home - CBS 3 Springfield - WSHM

Hair dryer fire causes $10K in damage to Springfield home

Posted: Updated:
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

A unattended hair dryer is to blame for an early evening fire on Boyer Street in Springfield today.

Fire officials said the hair dryer was left running to heat up on a chair, and that's when it caught fire in a second-floor bedroom.

There is about $10,000 in damage. The four occupants decided to stay living in the home despite water and smoke damage.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.