Dorthy Lee, 65, was killed in an early morning fire Wednesday on Tumbleweed Road in Springfield.
"Upon arrival there was a lot of fire showing to the first arriving firefighters," said Dennis G. Leger, the executive aide to fire Commissioner Joseph Conant.
When officials arrived on scene they were informed that the 65-year-old was still inside of the home.
"She was taken out of the front bedroom window and quickly put on a backboard and taken away by ambulance," said Leger.
Lee's daughter and a pet dog did make it out OK.
Fire officials say that the fire was caused by unattended cooking.
"Arson and bomb is telling me that there were two pans left on the stove top in the kitchen that were unattended and another factor here I think that played a role was that there were no working smoke detectors in the house," said Leger.
Officials estimate the structural damage to the home is around $80,000.
Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.