Electrical failure the cause of Brunella's Marina fire - CBS 3 Springfield - WSHM

Electrical failure the cause of Brunella's Marina fire

Posted: Updated:
SOUTH HADLEY, MA (WSHM) -

Fire officials in South Hadley determined an electrical failure to be the cause of the Brunella's Marina fire Friday.

State Fire Marshal Stephen D. Coan and South Hadley District 1 Fire Chief Robert R. Authier announced Monday that the cause of the fire was accidental.

Coan and Authier confirmed the fire began in the kitchen and was because of a failure in the electrical system.

The fire was investigated by South Hadley fire and police departments.

A five-alarm fire ripped through Brunelle's Marina in South Hadley on Friday morning, destroying the popular Dockside Restaurant and the rest of the building, which has been in the Brunelle family for decades.

The current owner Luke Brunelle vowed that he will rebuild the marina.

No injuries were reported and several boats were able to be pulled from the showroom before the fire spread.

The Red Cross was also on scene for much of Friday assisting.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.