Here are some recipes for Taqueria del Sol's Memphis taco and poblano corn chowder.
Taqueria del Sol's Memphis Taco:
Butter – 3 T
Onions – 2 onions, diced ¼"
Chopped garlic – 1.5 t
Chile de arbol – 1 T
Pickled Jalapenos – ¼ cup, chopped fine
Water – 2 ½ Cups
Ketchup – 6 Cups
Worcester – ¼ cup
Black Pepper – 1 T
Salt – 1t
Jalapeno Cole Slaw:
Head of cabbage, chopped fine
Carrots – ¼ cup
Picked jalapeno – 2 T
Mayonnaise – ½ cup
Lemon juice – 1 T
Sugar 1/3 cup
Black pepper – 2 t
Salt – 1 t
1. Cook/Smoke pork butt in Memphis rub til tender
2. Let cool to below 40 degrees
3. Cut pork into ¼" by ¼"pieces
Taqueria del Sol BBQ Sauce:
1. Place butter and margarine in pot and melt
2. Squeeze lemon juice out in a cup and deseed it
3. Add onions, garlic, lemon juice and lemon rind to pot
4. Sauté until soft and translucent
5. Add chile de arbol and picked jalapenos to mixture and summer for 1 minute
6. In a separate pot mix water, ketchup, Worcester, pepper and salt
7. Add ketchup mixture to pot and mix until blinded together
8. Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes
9. Remove lemon rinds,
10. Put sauce into a container to store
1. Chop cabbage fine
2. Peal and grate the carrots
3. Chop the jalapeno peppers
4. Mix mayo, lemon juice, sugar, pepper and salt together
5. Add other ingredients and mix
Poblano Corn Chowder:
Creamed corn (1-15 oz can)
Whole corn (1-15 oz can)
Shrimp (1/2 lb. - diced)
Poblanos (1 pepper - seeded & diced)
Onion (1/4 large - diced)
Celery (3 stalks - chopped coarsely)
Lobster base (1 teaspoon)
Chile de arbol (ground - a pinch or more to desired heat)
Black pepper (1 tsp.)
Salt (to taste)
Sugar (1/3 cup)
Roux (1/2 melted margarine & 1/2 flour)
Heavy cream (1 quart)
1/2 & 1/2 (1 quart)
-Puree onion and celery in food processor. Drain liquid.
-In saucepan, melt 2T margarine. When hot, add puree & poblanos.
-When vegetables are softened (but not browned), add shrimp, cream, half and half,
black pepper, chile de arbol, sugar and lobster base.
-Bring to a boil (be careful, cream will rise quickly and overflow).
-Reduce heat to a simmer and add roux in ¼ cup increments until desired thickness.
-Simmer 3-4 minutes.
-Add both cans of corn. Adjust taste with salt and sugar if necessary.