- School staffs make contact daily with the families of students who are absent and send letters home to families where attendance is becoming excessive.
- Attendance officers visit the homes of students with excessive, unexcused absences.
- Middle and high schools offer students the chance to make up time they have missed from school by attending Saturday School, after-school activities and summer school.
- Many schools enter into "contracts" with students, where students make a pledge to have good attendance.
- Many elementary schools offer "incentives" such as pizza parties or raffles to students who have perfect attendance.
- Schools connect families with resources that may help address the obstacles that are interfering with their student's attendance.
Content provided by the Springfield Public Schools.