A man and his 10-year-old child are in Bay State Medical Center being treated for burns after a house fire early Tuesday morning.
According to Fire Chief William Flaherty, firefighters arrived to heavy smoke coming from the first floor of a house on Garden Street. A second man was also in the house. All three victims were out of the home when they arrived.
The child is said to have burns on his ears, while the father is being treated for burns on his mouth and back.
Firefighters say an unextinguished cigarette may have caused the fire as it may have been knocked onto the upholstered chair by the family cat.
Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
They told CBS 3 that 39-year-old Israel Lopez had assaulted his girlfriend, then returned to the scene at Morgan Street Apartments a short time later with what appeared to be a shotgun.More >>
Several cities and towns across the pioneer valley paid tribute on Saturday to those who served our country and made the ultimate sacrifice 72 years ago.More >>
The apartment complex at 71 Adams Street, which is part of the Cross Town Corners properties, was back open for business.More >>