A New Haven-based attorney has officially withdrawn a $100 million lawsuit against the state on behalf of two Sandy Hook Elementary School parents.
Attorney Irving Pinsky filed the original claim on Jan. 2 and previously told Eyewitness News that Connecticut "did not do enough to provide for their safety," referring to the children at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
On Dec. 14, Adam Lanza, 20, shot and killed his mother while she slept at her home before he went to Sandy Hook Elementary School and killed 20 children and six adults. He killed himself as police made their way into the building.
Pinsky, who has more than 20 years of personal injury experience, previously told Eyewitness News that Connecticut as well as other states are "failing to protect the children from guns."
"My intention in the whole matter is to stop the violence in the schools, which can be done," he previously said.
Attorney General George Jepsen's office previously released a statement, in which he said that he was "aware of no facts or legal theory under which the state of Connecticut should be liable for causing the harms inflicted at Sandy Hook Elementary School."
"The proposed lawsuit is utterly groundless," Jepsen, who would defend the state in a potential lawsuit, previously told Eyewitness News Tuesday. "The facts don't support the contention the state somehow showed neglect."
Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.