The fire department battled a fire in the snow Saturday night.
Crews responded to a fire at 244 Sumner Ave.
Dennis Leger, aide to Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, told CBS 3 that a pipe in the kitchen overheated.
The wood was very dry and the wiring caught fire.
Leger said it is not common to see that happen and the people who live on the premises were lucky that it took place before they went to sleep.
The house suffered approximately $15,000 in damage.
There were no injuries to firefighters or residents.
The people who live on the property will be able to stay in the building.
Copyright 2012 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
A city-owned car that is issued to Mayor Alex Morse was involved in a drunken driving arrest just after midnight on Saturday.More >>
Police were called to the rotary on their side of the Memorial Bridge for a car crash on Saturday afternoon.More >>
The Northampton Airport hosted its second annual Fly it Forward event on Saturday, which promotes aviation to women.More >>
CBS 3 media partner Mass Live and The Republican reported that the high speed chase started just before 12:30 a.m. on Interstate 291.More >>
Four city residents are without a home Saturday night following a fire at their duplex on Ashley Avenue.More >>