Longmeadow family displaced following chimney fire - CBS 3 Springfield - WSHM

Longmeadow family displaced following chimney fire

Posted: Updated:
LONGMEADOW, MA (WSHM) -

A mother and son have been displaced due to an overnight fire.

Longmeadow Fire Chief Eric Madison told CBS 3 that a deteriorating fireplace is to blame for the damage at 16 Westmoreland Ave.

The family had a fire in the fireplace earlier in the evening, however, it spread into the walls around 1 a.m.

The mother woke up when the smoke detector sounded.

Madison said the house suffered approximately $50,000 in damage, but it was all to the walls of the home.

The family is staying with a neighbor for the time being.

Copyright 2012 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.