(Source: CBS 5 News) A heavy garage door fell and killed a worker at a mansion once set ablaze by its previous owner, Michael Marin, who committed suicide during his arson trial.
(Source: CBS 5 News) Michael Marin right after he swallowed a cyanide capsule at his sentencing in June.
A 25-year-old construction worker died after a roll-up garage door fell on him during a reconstruction project at a Biltmore Estates mansion set ablaze by its former owner who killed himself during his arson trial.
Crews were trying to remove the heavy and large garage door about 10:30 a.m. when something broke and the door fell on the victim. He was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The home previously belonged to Wall Street trader Michael Marin, who was convicted of setting the 10,000-square-foot, $3.5 million home on fire when he couldn't sell it in 2009.
He was seen climbing from his mansion down a rope ladder while wearing scuba gear.
Marin, 53, took a cyanide capsule shortly after the guilty verdict was read June 28 and died.
Maricopa County sheriff's deputies found a canister of cyanide in Marin's car.
A neighbor told CBS 5 News he believed the house "is cursed."
Prosecutors said Marin owed more than $2 million on his home. He was a Yale Law School graduate, worked for Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch and was an avid mountain climber.
Copyright 2012 CBS 5(Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.