A family of nine is without a home Saturday night following a morning fire at 184 Northampton St.
Firefighters got the call just before 9 a.m.
Dennis Leger, aide to Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, told CBS 3 that faulty electrical wiring is to blame.
Leger said the building suffered more than $100,000 in damage.
While the nine family members got out OK, one firefighter was injured working on the blaze.
He had to be taken to the hospital to be treated for burns to his ear and face.
Saturday afternoon, Leger said that firefighter has since been treated and released.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family.
Copyright 2012 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.