One Chicopee family went from losing their home to a fire to receiving an outpouring of support from their community.
The Couture family was displaced and lost everything when their Austin street home caught on fire, destroying all of their belongings.
But resident Linda Couture, a long-time city employee, was not forgotten by her community.
Her friends and neighbors packed the Chicopee Knights of Columbus Tuesday night.
An estimated 500 people showed up for a spaghetti dinner to benefit the fund for the family.
Couture was overwhelmed by the show of support.
"It's almost like you stepped into a dream, it says this world isn't as bad as people seem to think it is," Couture said.
Fire officials believe the fire at 7880 Austin St. was accidental.
Copyright 2012 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.